I bet everybody has his own cloud solution for syncing it’s folders from home to work, viceversa and between devices.
Before today i always relied on a Dropbox / Google Drive combo depending on the project:
- Dropbox is great with Heroku which has a sync plugin (super-sweet!!) and its client is fast and not memory wasting
- Google Drive client is super slow and takes ages to init but i tend to use a lot the whole google suite on the web and it’s really integrated well (history, revisions, etc)
BUT as any other web developer i have this big, nasty problem of not wanting to sync:
- Git repositories (.git folders)
- NPM modules (node_modules folders) or Bower components (bower_components folders)
- Other trash folders left by the various IDE (nbproject folder) or OS (Thumbs.db files)
Everybody have tried a npm install with devastating consequences for poor cloud clients and it’s a known fact that in the long run both dropbox/drive will corrupt a git repo.